Join our sales team!
We’re looking for someone to join our team three days per week doing stock work in the early morning and sales in the morning.
As part of the sales team you will help us meet monthly sales goals by:
- Assisting customers with their merchandise and class selection. This involves listening to the customer to determine what materials or classes would be most appropriate for their desired project and skill level. You’ll also describe our beads, findings, supplies and classes and explain the differences between merchandise and class options.
- Ringing up sales using a computer POS. This involves cheerfully, efficiently, and accurately using a computer program on our Windows 8 computer. We will train you on how to use our specific software, but you must come to the table already fluent in computer usage.
- Stepping up to do other essentials tasks. This may include cleaning, stocking, receiving, taking physical inventory and other stock work.
Who would be best suited for this job?
To be successful in this position it is essential that you:
- love color and jewelry!
- are dependable. You always come to work on time on your scheduled days.
- are a good listener and communicator. Our helpfulness and friendliness is how we set Design & Adorn apart from the competition. Previous retail sales or customer service experience is highly desirable.
- an easy-going, cheerful person. You laugh more than you grumble. We’re talking about life here, not just work.
- enjoy some sort of arts & crafts hobby and embrace the D.I.Y. spirit. We will train you how to do jewelry making the Design & Adorn way, but you must possess a basic level of arts & crafts skills. Preference will be given to applicants with previous jewelry making experience (any medium).
- do not have a criminal record. Because of the money handling and contact with customer credit cards all sales associates are subject to a pre-hire background check.
- are a fast learner and a quick thinker.
- are a hard-worker and a team player. Your role is essential to the success of this enterprise.
- enjoy working with the public. That’s what you’ll be doing all day.
- can stand,walk, and maneuver around the store all day. This involves bending, twisted, squatting, and climbing short ladders and step-stools. You’ll be able to sit down for some stock work tasks, but expect to stand while assisting customers.
- have basic computer skills. You don’t need to be a programmer, but you know your way around Windows, Word, Excel, and Gmail.
- can type at a reasonable speed.
- can count and measure accurately and efficiently.
- can do basic math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- can see well. We work with some beads that are very tiny (1mm diameter).
- can see color. Color selection is a major part of helping customers choose beads.
- can lift and carry 40lb boxes (beads & findings are heavy).
- can work independently once given instructions.
- keep your cool in stressful situations.
Why it’s great being part of the Design & Adorn sales team…
- We’re a family-owned local businesst.
- Paid training. We’ll teach you how to make jewelry like a pro.
- 25% off employee discount.
- It’s a fast-paced creative environment where every day is different.
- Wear your own clothes. Keep it classy and professional like you always do and you can wear what you like. No uniforms or having to wear XYZ Brand from head to toe.
- We’re closed on most major holidays: New Year’s Day, Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. Plus we’re always closed on Mondays so you never have to work Monday holidays like Labor Day and Memorial Day.
- The starting pay for this position is $10.00 per hour plus the opportunity to earn team-based performance bonuses on a monthly basis.
What are the hours?
You must be available to work Fridays, Saturdays, and Thursday evenings. We also have mandatory paid team meetings on the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month from 8:45 – 9:30 AM.
We’re open Tuesday – Saturday 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Opening shift starts at 9:30 AM. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday the closing shift generally leaves between 5:30 and 6:00 PM. Closing time on Friday & Saturday varies depending on the last class of the day. We’re sometimes here at late as 7:00 or 8:00 PM if there is a long class.
Once or twice each month you’ll also work a Thursday evening special event. These are typically 5:00 – 8:00 PM.
Please describe your availability in your cover letter.
Preference is given to those with open availability and those able to work entire open to close shifts.
How to Apply
Please read through the job description. If you’re a match for who we’re looking for please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to explain in your cover letter why you’d be a great addition to our team and describe your availability. Please make the email subject line the name of the position you are applying for.
Please do not call or stop by in person to inquire about this position. Sorry, but I’m a one woman HR department. It often takes me a while to respond to applicants.