Join our stock team!
As a member of the stock team you will:
- Package Merchandise. This involves quickly and accurately counting out small items (think claps, endcaps, jump rings, etc.), inspecting for damage, bagging, and labeling.
- Cut & Package Ribbon and Cord. This involves quickly and accurately measuring 6-12 yards of rattail and other cords and ribbons. Fibers are measured, cut, then twisted into skeins. We’ll teach you how to do this.
- Restock Displays. This involves replenishing displays with merchandise from backstock or incoming orders. This involves bending and reaching. Attention to detail comes in the play here as well. Also important is the ability to lift and carry heavy (up to 40lbs) boxes.
- Clean & Tidy the Store. This involves vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the bathroom, and taking out the garbage.
- Step up to do other essential tasks needed to keep the store running smoothly.
Who would be best suited for this job?
To be successful in this position it is essential that you:
- are are morning person.
- are punctual.
- have an eye for detail.
- enjoy repetitive tasks.
- do not have a criminal record. All employees are subject to a pre-hire background check.
- are a good listener and able to follow directions.
- are a good communicator. If you have an idea for a more efficient way to do something, we want to know about it.
- can stand and walk for the duration of your shift. You’ll be able to sit down for some stock work tasks, but expect to stand while restocking displays.
- have basic computer skills.
- can count and measure accurately and efficiently.
- can do basic math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- can see well. We work with some beads that are very tiny (1mm diameter).
- can see color. It’s important when restocking and packaging that you can tell which colors are which.
- can lift and carry 40lb boxes (beads & findings are heavy).
- can work independently once given instructions.
- are an easy-going, cheerful person.
Why it’s great being part of the Design & Adorn stock team…
- We’re a family-owned local business.
- Paid training. We’ll teach you to wrangle ribbon like a pro!
- 25% off employee discount. This is good for both merchandise and classes.
- We’re closed on most major holidays: New Year’s Day, Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
- If you find your zen in repetitive tasks, then you’ll love it!
- Because the shift is before the store is open, the dress code is relaxed. Jeans are ok.
- This entry level position is an excellent way to get your foot in the door. We love to promote from within. From the stock person position you could train up to do online order fulfillment, become stock team leader or join the sales team.
- The starting pay for this position is $10 per hour plus the opportunity to earn team-based performance bonuses on a monthly basis.
What are the hours?
Tuesdays 6:30 AM – 9:45 AM
Thursdays 6:30 AM – 9:45 AM
1st & 3rd Wednesday of the Month 8:45 AM – 9:30 AM (mandatory team meeting)
The hours are subject to change based on the stores needs. If we have a light week of shipments, shifts may end early or be canceled. During the high season, we may need to add shifts on Monday, Thursday, or Friday.
How to Apply
Please read through the job description. If you’re a match for who we’re looking for please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to explain in your cover letter why you’d be a great addition to our team and describe your availability. Please make the email subject line the name of the position you are applying for.
Please do not call or stop by in person to inquire about this position. Sorry, but I’m a one woman HR department. It often takes me a while to respond to applicants.